Property Franchise UK Belvoir
Over the years Belvoir has grown dramatically and is now the UK’s largest property franchise on the high-street with over 175 offices nationwide. At Belvoir, we want to create a long-term business prospect and true to this our first ever franchisee is still with us 20 years on. Our offices are owned by local individuals who have an aspirational nature with clear goals in mind but have the advantage of being part of a nationally recognised brand, operating under a successful business model. As a Belvoir franchise owner, this is what will set you apart from the rest.
Founded in 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard in Lincolnshire, Belvoir was built upon the foundations of Mike’s RAF values of customer service, professionalism and specialism. The business swiftly became a franchise operation in 1996 when our first office opened in Moray, Scotland. With Mike’s encouragement and enthusiasm, Belvoir are full members of the British Franchise Association (bfa) who focus on fair and ethical trading.
Under the skilful leadership of Dorian Gonsalves (now Chief Operating Officer), Belvoir became the first specialist residential lettings agency to launch on AIM of the London Stock Exchange in February 2012.
The Belvoir Opportunity
We understand that choosing the right franchise opportunity can be a lengthy process, so we aim to provide as much information as possible from the beginning.
When buying a Belvoir franchise not only are you getting an award winning business opportunity, you are buying a territory to trade within, a well-established brand name and a tried and tested business model.
On joining Belvoir, you will become a member of our business family and when you need it, you can enjoy the support and guidance of everyone else within the network. Following your discovery day, we will provide you will a list of all our franchise owners, allowing you to discuss and discover the real opportunity available. We will have to source a potential territory and consider your plans for growth in the future, whether you are taking on a fresh territory or considering a resale opportunity.
Belvoir offers a number of opportunities with many now expanding into the buy-to-let market and a number of our offices offering a successful sales service. Encouragingly a few of our franchisees’ have been inspired by the acquisitions route and successfully expanded their own portfolio, using Belvoir’s Assisted Acquisition Scheme.
“We work for each other, for the benefit of all of us.”
Terry Lucking of Belvoir Peterborough and Cambridge
Training and Support
Previous experience within the property industry is not required as you will receive the highest standard of training and support throughout your journey with Belvoir. We will share with you all our knowledge and expertise over a three week intensive training course held at our Central Office in Grantham. Here you will gain a good understanding of the industry and learn how to set up, run and market your business. Using both external and internal trainers you will discuss everything from marketing to legalities to ensure you have the best foundations for your business. Following that, you will have access to your own dedicated business development mentor, our franchise support team, marketing, IT, compliance and finance teams who can support you throughout.
“Renting as a lifestyle choice is going to increase
and if people have a good experience they keep using Belvoir.”
Simon Bell of Belvoir Telford
Being part of a recognised and reputable brand will provide your business with the very best chance of growing and succeeding during the first crucial years and beyond. In 2016 Belvoir has been named Lettings Franchise of the Year for a record sixth time and this is down to the high standards of training and exceptional support which contributes to the success of our franchisees.
Premises and Marketing
Our recruitment team will work with you to find the perfect office to meet your budget and requirements in the best location. The shop fit design has been carefully developed to enhance the landlord and tenant experience with a contemporary and distinctive finish.
“My competitors are quite aggressive in their marketing and I think this
new office definitely helps to set me apart, and at a higher level than them.”
Martin Unsworth of Belvoir Liverpool South
Although you will be running your own local Belvoir office, being part of a national company with a powerful corporate brand means you can benefit from the many marketing initiatives that are constantly being developed on your behalf. Franchise owners contribute 1% of their monthly turnover to the National Promotional Fund which is spent in conjunction with them to ensure the best marketing is put together to promote your business.
We believe in total transparency with regards to fees. The initial franchise fee is £22,500 plus VAT which covers training, start-up, initial support, Business Development Manager visits, training plan and retail premises. Taking into consideration the fees and working capital, we estimate that most franchise owners will require an initial investment of £150,000 -£200,000. This figure will vary depending upon your location. The good news is that 70% of this average investment amount can usually be borrowed from the bank (subject to normal terms and conditions). As the average overall investment is around £150,000-£200,000, you will need to raise 30% of this from your own funds.
Click on a press release below to view the full article
- Gold Standard for Belvoir!
Belvoir Annual Conference and Awards culminate in coveted top Gold Awards for Belvoir Haywards Heath and Belvoir Bournemouth
- Happy 10th birthday Belvoir Birmingham Central
Major Mahil and his team at Belvoir Birmingham Central are celebrating 10 years of success...
- Belvoir announces first acquisition of 2017
Belvoir’s acquisition programme continues with the company announcing that Steve Slawson of Belvoir Hereford has successfully completed on the acquisition of the principle assets of Williams Estate Agents (Hereford) Ltd.
- Belvoir raises almost £16 000 for local and national charities
Belvoir offices from around the network recently completed a series of fundraising events to support local and national charities.
- Belvoir Lincoln celebrates 20 successful years
Paul and Sharon Collins of Belvoir Lincoln have ended 2016 on a high – celebrating 20 years in business with the UK’s largest High Street-based property franchise company.
- Belvoir charity champions!
Belvoir offices to raise thousands for charity in 2016
- More independent agents selling to Belvoir
Belvoir’s family values and personal approach are proving attractive to agents seeking to sell, says Dorian Gonsalves
- Belvoir Wrexham crowned best agent in Wales
Congratulations to Vaughan and Sally Schofield and their team at Belvoir Wrexham, for winning the Gold Award for Best Estate and Letting Agent in Wales at the prestigious British Property Awards 2016.
- Belvoir expands into Orkney Islands
Amjed Rasul, owner of Belvoir Inverness, has announced the expansion of his business through the acquisition of Orkney Leasing.
- Belvoir's first franchise owner celebrates 20 years in business
Belvoir Moray continues to go from strength to strength!
- Belvoir expands acquisition programme
Following Belvoir’s acquisition of Northwood last month, the company has announced the partial funding of a further four franchisee-led acquisitions and the expansion of its acquisition programme to other brands within the group.
- Belvoir wins Lettings Franchise of the Year Award for record sixth year
Belvoir is delighted to announce that the company has been crowned Best Lettings Franchise Agency of the Year 2016 for a record sixth year.
- Belvoir now the largest property franchise group in the UK!
Buy out of Northwood takes Belvoir beyond 300-office barrier
- Fortune favours the brave!
Launch of Belvoir Bournemouth boosted by acquisition
- Belvoir launches nine new offices!
Belvoir is delighted to announce the continuation of its expansion programme, with nine new offices opening across the country.
- On the move! Belvoir reports rise in sales service
Belvoir has announced that over half of its network is now trained to offer sales, with numbers continuing to increase every month.
- Belvoir celebrates the network's top franchisees
Over 150 franchise owners and guests attended the Belvoir National Conference and Awards at Coombe Abbey Hotel, Warwickshire.
- Belvoir appoints new Executive Director
Belvoir is delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Newton as an Executive Director.
- Belvoir listed as one of the UK’s most inspirational companies
Belvoir is delighted to feature in Britain’s top 1000 most inspirational companies.
- Belvoir expands marketing team
Belvoir’s Marketing Manager Kiara Carthy-Barke has been promoted to Marketing Director and Sam Martin has come on board as Content Marketing Coordinator!
- Belvoir celebrates 20 years in business by raising £20,000 for charity
Many offices hosted fantastic events, including coffee mornings, the Tough Mudder run, a Bubble run, black tie ball, sponsored weight loss, frugal supper, Halloween games and some even went Sober for October.
- Two Belvoir offices double in size through acquisition
Read about how two Belvoir offices have recently DOUBLED in size.
- Triple silver awards for Belvoir!
Read all about Belvoir's recent success at The Negotiator Awards 2015.
- The Head of Franchise Recruitment at Belvoir explains how to start a property franchise
Select Your Franchise’s latest Hangout On Air programme, broadcasted on 27th October, was all about ‘how to start and build a property franchise’. Nick Strong was joined by Andy Smith, Head of Franchise Recruitment, who shared useful advice throughout the 30-minute online event.
- Belvoir celebrates 20 years with mammoth charity fundraiser
Belvoir has long been a supporter of local and national charities and some offices have raised thousands of pounds. For the month of October, every office will be encouraged to raise or donate money to celebrate 20 years of success.
- Belvoir sells first million pound franchise
Rick Flay, who has broken many company records in the nine years since launching Belvoir Sheffield, has broken yet another record – selling his business for a million pounds!
- Belvoir celebrates first franchise to break the million pound barrier
Belvoir Peterborough has become the first office in the network to achieve a million pounds in annual turnover.
- Belvoir announces major acquisition
Buy out of Newton Fallowell adds over 30 offices to the Belvoir network.
- Belvoir launches four new offices
Belvoir is delighted to announce the launch of four brand new offices, which takes the company ever closer to its goal of 200 offices by the end of 2016.
- Belvoir breaks record for winning Lettings Franchise of the Year
Belvoir has once again scooped Gold at the prestigious Lettings Agency of the Year Awards, winning the title for a record fourth consecutive year.
- Belvoir sales contribute to successful year
Dorian Gonsalves, Belvoir’s Director of Commercial and Franchising said: “The Senior Management Team is delighted to report that 2014 was another very good year for Belvoir.
- Belvoir celebrates 20 years
Dorian Gonsalves pays tribute to the company’s top franchise owners at the 2015 Annual Awards.
- Belvoir franchise owner filmed for Manchester United TV show
A film crew from MUTV, the official TV channel for Manchester United, descended on Belvoir’s Macclesfield and Crewe offices recently to talk to franchise owner Richard Irving about life after his career as a premier league footballer.
- New look for Belvoir
Belvoir unveils stunning new design of For Sale and To Let boards.
- Belvoir issues warning over rental controls
Government policies to reduce pressure on the rental market are vital, says Dorian Gonsalves.
- Belvoir Basildon manager of 9 years becomes new franchise owner
From helping to launch the office in 2006, to taking over the franchise... congratulations Keeley!
- Belvoir announces winner of The Great Belvoir Bake Off
Julie Wilson, financial controller at Belvoir Central Office in Grantham has been crowned the winner of The Great Belvoir Bake Off.
- Belvoir completes on sixth acquisition of 2014
Belvoir Leeds North West is quickly expanding.
- Bold refresh strengthens Belvoir brand
Belvoir has completed an exciting brand refresh to help ensure its offices stand out against High Street competitors.
- Belvoir Bingham is now open
Belvoir are pleased to announce the launch of the latest addition to the Belvoir network, Belvoir Bingham.
- Belvoir wins Franchisor of the Year at Negotiator Awards 2014
Franchise owners and staff at Belvoir are celebrating yet another superb industry award win in 2014.
- Terry's All Gold - Popular Belvoir franchise owner wins bfa award
Popular franchise owner Terry Lucking from Belvoir Peterborough and Belvoir Cambridge scooped the Olderpreneur of the Year Award.
- Belvoir completes on largest acquisition of the year
Belvoir is pleased to announce the successful acquisition of one of Scotland’s biggest and most successful lettings agencies.
- Belvoir recruits bomb disposal expert
“In my previous career I was in the British Army for seven years and then worked out in Libya as a bomb disposal operator,” says Tim Hughes, the new owner of Belvoir Newbury.
- Six new franchise owners join Belvoir
Belvoir is delighted to announce that six new franchise owners have joined the network in recent months, and several more are set to join in the near future.
- Record growth Belvoir Sheffield achieves highest turnover ever
Dorian Gonsalves, Belvoir’s Director of Commercial and Franchising, reports that its award-winning Belvoir Sheffield office exceeded £100,000 of turnover in July.
- Belvoir welcomes new Finance Director Louise George
Belvoir’s Director of Commercial and Franchising, Dorian Gonsalves recently announced the appointment of Louise George as Belvoir’s new Finance Director.
- Belvoirs Alison Whittaker completes 192mile coasttocoast charity challenge
Belvoir Bolton’s Property Manager Alison Whittaker recently laced up her walking boots for an on-foot charity challenge in aid of Dogs for the Disabled.
- Belvoir Terry Lucking shortlisted for a national award
Belvoir are proud to announce that Terry Lucking of Belvoir Peterborough and Belvoir Cambridge has been shortlisted at this year’s British Franchise Association (bfa) HSBC Franchisee of the Year Awards.
- Another successful acquisition for Belvoir growing network
Belvoir would like to announce the recent acquisition of independent lettings agent Key Estate Agents in Attleborough by Belvoir franchise owner Clayton Foston of Belvoir Nuneaton and Hinckley.
- Belvoir raises thousands for local charities
Generous franchise owners and staff from Belvoir have so far raised thousands of pounds for local charities in 2014.
- New campaign launched by Belvoir warns MPs of the real impact of flawed proposals developed by Labour
As Labour continues to develop controversial policies designed to protect tenants from rogue landlords, Belvoir is issuing MPs and tenants with a stark warning of the negative impact of these policies.
- Belvoir scoops Lettings Franchise of the Year for a record fourth time
The judges at this year’s Lettings Agency of the Year Awards have awarded Belvoir the top Gold Award for Lettings Franchise of the Year.
- Congratulations to Belvoir Harrogate
Recently voted the happiest place to live, it’s smiles all round in Harrogate for Belvoir franchise owner Bill Smith who has celebrated 20 years in business this year.
- Belvoir offices scoops a record eight ESTAS
Belvoir is delighted to announce that a record eight offices won regional awards at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAS) 2014.
- Belvoir achieves 100 CMP compliance
Belvoir, which has 151 franchised offices across the UK, is delighted to announce that all of its offices now provide Client Money Protection (CMP).
- Belvoir announces changes to senior management team
Belvoir has announced several changes to the senior management team at Central Office in a bid to strengthen its market position and provide enhanced support to franchise owners.
- Hugh Dennis presents awards to Belvoir top performing franchise owners
Last week’s Belvoir Annual Awards 2014, celebrated the achievements of the network’s top performing franchise owners.
- Belvoir sales executive achieves top franchise qualification
Belvoir is delighted to report that the British Franchise Association (bfa) has awarded its prestigious Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP) status to franchise sales executive Sarah Wood. The Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP) is the only nati...
Click on a video below to view the full article
- Franchising Excellence with Belvoir
Find out from Belvoir's Head of Franchise Recruitment, Property and Acquisitions, Martin Bunney how the franchise helps YOU to grow your business.
- Property franchise investment options
Find out from the Head of Franchise Recruitment for Belvoir about the number of ways you could invest into a property franchise.
- Choosing the franchise route with Belvoir
Luke Marchbanks of Belvoir Bournemouth explains why, if he was starting from scratch again, he would choose the franchise route.
- Testimonial from Belvoir franchisee Mohammed Shakeel
Our Leeds South franchisee gives an overview of his experience of being with Belvoir.
- Testimonial from Belvoir franchisee Ben Davies
Ben Davies, of Belvoir Swansea & Mumbles, explains why he chose Belvoir and how it has been for him.
- The benefits of starting a business via the franchise route
Martin Bunny of Belvoir! Franchise shares some insights into why more people succeed in business by opting for the franchise route.
- How to start and build a property franchise
Listen to franchising advice from Andy Smith, the Head of Franchise Recruitment at Belvoir!
- Reasons to start a franchise rather than
Andy Smith of Belvoir Franchise shares some insights into the benefits of opting for the franchise route when starting a business.
- Steps to becoming a franchisee with Belvoir!
Andy Smith explains the steps to becoming a franchisee, starting with a personal one to one "Discovery Day".
- Profile of the ideal Belvoir! franchisee
Martin Bunney of Belvoir! Franchise explains the qualities needed to be a successful franchise operator.
- Reasons to franchise through Belvoir!
Andy Smith of Belvoir! Franchising explains why Belvoir can help you achieve business success.
- Leveraging Belvoir's brand and 20 year market experience
Martin Bunney, of Belvoir! franchise, explains the brand's success.
- Is a Belvoir Franchise worth it
Simon Bell, owner of Belvoir Telford, tells us why he thinks owning a Belvoir Franchise was the right decision.
- Running a successful Lettings Franchise
Simon Bell, owner of Belvoir Telford, shares his top tips to becoming a successful franchise.
- Setting up your Lettings Agency
Simon Bell, owner of Belvoir Telford, tells us how he opened his award winning franchise and broke even after only five months.
- Belvoir franchise owners tell us why they chose Belvoir
Several Belvoir franchise owners tell us why they chose Belvoir.
- Belvoir Lettings franchisees shares their experiences
Real life Belvoir Letting franchisees tell us of their experiences of being part of the Belvoir family.
- The importance of a great looking office
If you are considering opening your own lettings agency, then a great office look is Imperative to attract landlords and tenants.
- Belvoir Lettings - Our three principles
This four-minute video encapsulates what Belvoir Lettings means to our landlords, our tenants, our clients, our management team and our franchisees.
- Terry Lucking tells us how he has over 700 managed properties on his books
Terry Lucking, the franchise owner of Belvoir Peterborough, tells you why him and his colleagues have won four awards in the Belvoir Lettings Franchise Awards in 2012.
- Why choosing the right staff is important to running a great lettings business
Terry Lucking, award winning franchisee from Belvoir Peterborough, talks about why choosing the right staff is probably the most important thing when running a lettings business.
- How to get landlords
Terry Lucking, from Belvoir Peterborough, talks about why "buy to let" is important and how can a new franchisee get landlords.
- Setting up your own lettings agency vs setting up a lettings franchise
Terry Lucking, from Belvoir Peterborough, talks about why he chose a lettings franchise instead of setting his own lettings agency.
- What advice would you give someone starting a lettings agency?
Terry Lucking, Belvoir's £1m a year turnover franchisee, talks about the first thing a someone should do when considering a franchise.
- Buy to Let
Terry Lucking from Belvoir Peterborough talks about 'buy to let' and how it can win you business as a letting agent.
- Belvoir Lichfield talk about why they are successful
Let the franchise owners of Lichfield, Mike and Angie Allgood, tell you why you should become a letting agent.
- How do landlords choose their letting agent?
Terry Lucking, Belvoir Lettings multi award winning lettings agent from Peterborough, talks about how landlords choose their agent to let their house with.
- Chairman of Belvoir - Mike Goddard
Mike Goddard, Chaiman and founder of Belvoir Lettings talks about the company's history.
- Belvoir Property Franchise - Simon Bell
Simon Bell and his wife started a Belvoir Lettings Franchise in December 2010. If you are thinking about opening your own lettings business, then let Simon give you some advice.
- Belvoir Lettings Franchisee Solihull - Kieran Donohoe
Kieran Donohoe talks about what support and guidance he has received by being part of the Belvoir Lettings franchise network.
- Belvoir Lettings Managing Director - Dorian Gonsalves
Dorian Gonsalves talks about the Lettings market and why starting your own lettings agency by franchising with Belvoir could be for you.
- Belvoir Lettings Franchise Owner - Andy Campbell
Andy Campbell joined Belvoir Lettings as their first franchisee in 1996. Here is being interviewed at the National Franchise Show on why he chose Belvoir.
- Belvoir Lettings Franchising - Les Marratt
Les Marratt talks about why he chose Belvoir lettings and gives advice to anyone thinking of starting their own Lettings business.
- Why open a lettings agency?
Simon Bell, owner of Belvoir Telford, tells us why he chose to open a lettings agency rather than any other business.