« Satisfaction: The Key to Franchise Network Growth
A taste of The Franchise Show at ExCeL
Make the most of your visit to The Franchise Show 2012
Joel Caws - Technical Director, Select Your Franchise
Attending a franchise show can seem a daunting experience for any considering starting a franchise. With the huge variety of franchises exhibiting at a franchise exhibition, like The Franchise Show coming up this weekend at ExCeL in London, you might wonder how you can possibly consider them all in the 6 or 7 hours that the show might be open for on a given day.
There are several great reasons for attending a franchise show or exhibition:-
- The ability to speak to a number of franchisors all under one roof.
- The benefit of many free seminars from industry experts that will help to inform you on the subject of franchising and starting up a franchise business.
Of course, its unlikely that you’ll be able to talk individually, and in any depth, to more than a handful of franchise systems. So, how can you possibly decide who best to speak to in order to avoid wasting your time there and ensuring you come away with some useful insight and information?
The answer is to take a little time before you attend the show to do a little preparation:-
- Find out beforehand, what finance you might have available to invest and think about the kind of business that appeals to you. e.g. office based,van based, shop based. And would you prefer to deal with consumers (retail) or other businesses (B2B).
- Do some initial research using a franchise matching service to get an initial idea of some of the franchises out there. This will at least narrow your options to give you an idea of the type of business options available and the ones you could afford.
- Check the web site for the franchise show or exhibition for the exhibitor list. You might see some names that you recognise from the online research you have already done.
- Draw up a shortlist of the franchises you would most like to talk to.
- Once you arrive at the show, grab a show guide and look up the floor plan. From this you can plan a route round in order to speak to the franchises on your shortlist.
Making use of the ideas above could help save you a lot of time and ensure your time at the franchise show is well utilised, to come away informed and ready to take your next steps.
Tags: franchise information, franchise opportunities, franchise show, franchises, joel caws