The 2014 bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards, supported by Express Newspapers, is celebrating its 25th year and is open for entries until 28 March 2014.
As a longstanding member of the judging panel, I want to encourage UK franchisors of any size or sector to tell their stories and help to inspire the people across the whole industry.
Alongside the prestigious Franchisor of the Year Award, there are five new categories to consider applying for:
- Emerging Franchisor of the Year
- Franchisee Recruitment Award
- Award for Innovation
- Brand of the Year
- Award for International Achievement.
Here are 6 reasons I think successful franchisors should make sure they put their entries in:
- It is a great opportunity to take some time to think about the successes your franchise has delivered over the last year or so. I’ve found in the past that many of the top franchisors are so busy growing and protecting their franchises that they don’t always realise just what they’ve achieved. We would love to hear about your passion for the industry that you are involved in.
- It will motivate your franchisees and staff to know they are part of a winning team, and help to position your franchise ahead of the competition. Involve your teams so that they can see clearly what a successful franchise they are part of.
- Winning an award or even being a finalist, provides a valuable accolade
for your franchise model and boosts the credibility of your business.Last year’s Franchisor of the Year Award winner Trevor Brocklebank, CEO of Home Instead Senior Care, said: “We were delighted when we won…it is more than just meeting an internal target: External recognition, especially from peers you admire, is hugely motivating and also creates fantastic PR and brand awareness.
- The exposure and tributes you will receive by being involved in these awards will continue well past the Awards evening and throughout 2014 and beyond. It will strengthen your brand recognition through awards publicity. As sponsors, we cover the cost of professional PR support for the awards, not just writing the releases but also ‘selling’ your success story to national, regional and trade press. The Awards PR coverage last year alone generated over 33 million opportunities to see’ – don’t miss out on your share of that great coverage!
- You can use the awards dinner to entertain and reward key individuals within your franchise – it promises to be a fantastic showcase for successful franchising.
- Just 1000 words stands between you and a place in the finals of this prestigious competition. With 5 new categories to enter, there are numerous opportunities this year to showcase your successful franchise – all you need to do to enter is complete the entry form and provide a 1000 word summary telling us why you should win.
Visit the bfa website for all the details and start thinking about how great you will feel being presented with your trophy on stage on the big night…!
Cathryn Hayes is HSBC Bank’s head of franchising.
In May the owner of Argon Computing and nine of his friends and colleagues will cycle to Paris from Essex wearing peronalised cycling jerseys, designed and donated by Graham to complete the challenge.
Said Graham: “Our business specialises in producing branded promotional goods and clothing so it made sense and was easy for me to support the team in this way. They’ve been training hard for such a good cause and as long-standing customers of mine it was the least I could do to help.”
Marfan syndrome is an inherited disorder of the body’s connective tissue that affects men and women and children. Children and adolescents with Marfan syndrome look and feel different and restrictions are imposed on them because of their poor eyesight, painful joints and cardiac problems.
Team Argon will be setting off from outside the shop in Southend Road at 7am on 19 May and hope to cover the 220 miles to Paris within three days.
The British & International Franchise Exhibition will soon be happening in London. The event, which occurs on the 14 and 15 March at the Olympia, will be the perfect opportunity to discover more about proven business models and famous brands. And that also means finding out more about the perfect opportunity that could change your life and improve your future.
Select Your Franchise will be at the Olympia, contributing to the success of the event and taking part in some of the many free seminars – more than 50 – that will be available to visitors.
Nick Strong, Select Your Franchise’s Managing Director, will not only moderate the High-Investment VIP Panel Q&A session titled “Why invest more in a franchise?” that happens on 14th March at 12:45, but also talk about franchise recruitment at 16:00. If you are looking to explore how to properly expand your business and attract franchisees, this is the right seminar for you.
The British & International Franchise Exhibition will feature an exciting range of bfa-approved franchise opportunities across different sectors including fitness, food and drinks, care, property, travel and children’s activities.
The organisation highly recommends that visitors plan their day in advance by booking appointments with specific brands via www.franchiseinfo.co.uk. Taking this step will surely improve your experience, so don’t delay.
The British & International Franchise Exhibition is open from 10:00 each day, closing at 17:00 on Friday 14 March and 16:00 on Saturday 15 March 2014.